Dutchess County Man Shot At Store Clerk, Police Say
The 24-year-old man is facing attempted murder charges following an incident at a store in Dutchess County.
On Tuesday, May 7, at approximately 10:48 p.m, a male subject walked into a store located 352 Main Street in Poughkeepsie to make a purchase.
The clerk in the store told the man he was not allowed in the store because on a prior occasion the man had caused a disturbance in the store.
Prior to leaving the store he deliberately knocked over a rack, spilling the contents. As the clerk came around the counter to escort the man out, he pulled a handgun from his person and fired one round at the clerk, narrowly missing him. The man then fled the store.
After an investigation, the man, Nicholas Cato, a 24-year-old city resident, was arrested and charged with Attempted Murder second-degree, and criminal possession of a weapon, both felonies.
He is being held pending arraignment.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie