Corrections Officer Attempted To Enter Facility With Drugs, Police Say
An Ulster County man was arrested after he allegedly attempted to enter a correctional facility with drugs.
On February 25, state police arrested Travon Webb, 30, of Ellenville, N.Y. Webb was arrested after it was discovered during a search of employees entering the facility that he was attempting to bring in approximately 64 grams of Synthetic Marijuana "K2” into the Wallkill Correctional Facility located in the Town of Shawangunk, according to police.
An additional search of Webb's vehicle yielded another 137 grams Synthetic marijuana, state police said.
At the time of his arrest, Webb was employed as a New York State Correction Officer at the Wallkill Correctional Facility. He has since resigned from service.
Webb was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance fifth-degree and seventh-degree, prison contraband first-degree, and official misconduct of a public servant.
Webb was arraigned and remanded to Ulster County Jail in lieu of bail. He is scheduled to return to court next month.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie