Buckle Up New York Campaign Starts This Week
You shouldn't need the reminder, but wearing your seat belt could be the difference between life or death.
Earlier this week the New York State Police started their "Buckle Up New York" campaign. The campaign runs through June 30th, 2019.
"Buckle Up New York" or BUNY is in support of the Click it or Ticket mobilization according to a press release.
During the next up coming weeks Troopers will team up with local and county law enforcement officers to "ensure motorists begin the summer travel season buckled up." There will be checkpoints and roving patrols.
According to New York State Crash data "one-third of all motor vehicle occupants killed on highways are unrestrained." The Buckle Up New York campaign is "designed to draw attention to the risks faced by unbuckled passengers in motor vehicles."
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash