Another Hudson Valley Retailer To File For Bankruptcy
A new day, and a new retailer filing for bankruptcy.
Claire's is planning to file for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. According to TODAY, the company revealed the plans on Friday, March 9. Allegedly, they are in $2 million of debt, according to a report from Bloomberg.
Filing for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, as opposed to other forms of it, allow stores to remain open while the company restructures. Besides online shopping debilitating the store's sales, a mother recently found asbestos in her daughter's makeup from the store, which caused a PR catastrophe.
In the Hudson Valley alone, Claire's has a location in just about every mall, including:
- Poughkeepsie Galleria, Poughkeepsie
- Newburgh Mall, Newburgh
- Galleria at Crystal Run, Middletown
- Hudson Valley Mall, Kingston
- Jefferson Valley Mall, Yorktown Heights
- Palisades Center, West Nyack
- The Westchester, White Plains
- Galleria at White Plains, White Plains
- Cross County Shopping Center, Yonkers
First Toys R Us, then Abercrombie and Fitch, now Claire's? I can feel my pre-teen years fading away.