Actor Rip Torn Buried in Poughkeepsie Cemetery
According to a recently released death certificate, Academy award-winning actor, Rip Torn, is buried in Poughkeepsie.
Best known for his role in HBO's The Larry Sanders Show, Torn had a long, and successful career as an actor. He scored his first role in the 1956 film Baby Doll and appeared in dozens of movies, tv shows and Broadway productions. The actor had roles in Airplane II, Men In Black and a recurring role on 30 Rock. But it was his role as Artie in The Larry Sanders Show that earned him six Emmy nominations and one win.
In July Torn passed away at the age of 88. According to his death certificate, which was recently obtained by TMZ, the actor's death came after years of battling Alzheimer's and dementia. The certificate also shows that Torn was buried at the Poughkeepsie Rural Cemetery on Route 9.
The Poughkeepsie Rural Cemetery is the final resting site of other notable celebrities like Margaret Hamilton, who played the Wicked Witch in The Wizard of Oz. Other notables buried at the Poughkeepsie site include the founders of the Smith Brothers cough drop company, members of Alexander Hamilton's family, Supreme Court Justice Smith Thompson and James Field Smathers, inventor of the electric typewriter.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie