55 Families Sue NY State Over Religious Exemption For Vaccine Repeal
Multiple families have filed suit against New York State for the repeal of the religious exemption to vaccines based on the constitutionality of the repeal.
WKBW reports the lawsuit argues the repeal of the religious exemption for vaccinations violates state and federal law because it was repealed it without a public hearing interferes with religious freedom. that all families are represented by the same attorneys, Michael H. Sussman, and Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
Currently, New York State is going through one of the worst measles outbreaks in decades. It has been declared a public health emergency in New York City. We have reported on multiple stories of measles exposure in the Hudson Valley. Federal judges in New York have also ordered people to get vaccinated and have allowed infants to get vaccinated early.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate