1/3 of Renters in the U.S. Did Not Pay April Rent
Millions of people have lost their jobs because of businesses closing due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to Market Watch, nearly one-third of U.S. renters did not pay April rent for 2020. Specifically, rent was not paid during the first week of the month by nearly one-third of U.S. apartment renters. 6.6 million workers have filed for unemployment in the U.S., according to NBC.
Have you been affected by COVID-19 and lost your job? Were you able to pay rent this month? I wish the best for you and your loved ones and hope this will all be over soon.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America