Would You Drive to Danbury for a Haircut?
You've got to admit that there's a weird irony that some people would drive almost an hour away to get a haircut in a place that's nicknamed the 'hat city.'
Many parts of New York are still preparing to reopen. Unfortunately, hair salons and barbershops are not yet allowed to open their doors and see appointments yet in the Hudson Valley.
I recently gave myself a quarantine haircut and buzzed all of my hair off. I've been almost bald for a whole week now. If I wanted a professional cut I guess I should have waited another week. According to CT.Gov, Connecticut has barbershops and salons included in phase 1 of their reopening with certain restrictions as of May 20.
Many people in the Hudson Valley have wanted to get their hair cut for months now. Would you travel across state lines to get it done?
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Hudson Valley Restaurant Listings