Woman Repeatedly Harassed Child With Special Needs, Police Say
The woman has been charged with a hate crime, as well as harassment and stalking.
On November 7, 2019, the New York State Police in Kingston, NY arrested KRISTA M. Sewell, 26 of Melville, NY for aggravated harassment second-degree, stalking third-degree (both misdemeanors) and hate crime/aggravated harassment second-degree (Felony).
The arrest is the result of an ongoing investigation by the New York State Police and the Ulster County Sheriff’s Department into the repeated harassment of a child with special needs via various social media sites and the U.S. Mail.
The victim, who suffers from Harlequin Ichthyosis which is a severe genetic disorder that affects the skin was specifically targeted by Sewell.
Between December 2018 and November 2019, Sewell posted numerous threatening messages to Facebook, Instagram and GoFundMe pages that had been set up by the victim’s family.
In addition, Sewell sent threatening letters to the victim's residence.
Sewell was arraigned in the Town of Lloyd Court and was remanded to the Ulster County Jail. She is scheduled to appear back in court on November 12, 2019.
Anyone who feels that they could have been a victim of a similar incident involving Sewell is asked to contact the New York State Police at Kingston and speak with Investigator Joseph Temple at (845) 802-9296
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie