Woman Slips at Kaaterskill Falls
A woman fell while hiking at the Kaaterskill Falls.
On Saturday, Greene County 911 contacted the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Central Office Dispatch to report that a 52-year-old woman slipped while hiking at the Katteskill Falls.
The woman suffered a cut to her head and temporarily lost consciousness prior to forest rangers arrival, officials say.
Three rangers and an assistant forest ranger responded, along with local fire department personnel.
The woman's injuries were assessed and treated in the field. With the help of rangers and volunteer rescue personnel, the woman walked out of the woods to a waiting Hunter Ambulance crew on State Route 23A.
She was later taken to Albany Medical Center for further treatment.
- Hudson Valley Major Leaguer To Honor Paralyzed Man
- Missing 93-Year-Old Hudson Valley Man Found
- Long Time Hudson Valley Radio Personality Dies
- Hudson Valley Teen Gunned Down In Streets, Police Continue To Hope For Help
- 3 Winning Lottery Tickets Sold In the Hudson Valley
- New York Giants Legend Spotted in the Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley