When Can You File Your Taxes & Get Your Refund Money
So you have your W-2's in hand and you would like to get them filed and your refund back. Did you know that you actually have to wait until a certain date to submit your returns?
Surprising, right? By all means, go ahead and do them, get them done. Get the hard part out of the way. The earliest that you can submit your tax return to the IRS is Monday January 29, 2018. That is the day that the IRS says that the tax season officially begins.
You will have from Monday January 29, 2018 through Tuesday April 17, 2018. If you are due a refund, the IRS will start paying those out on February 27, 2018 but if you owe money you will need to have at least mailed the payment by April 17 or submit the paperwork by that day to make payments.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America