Trooper Turns Local Family’s Taconic Nightmare Into Blessing
After picking up his wife from the airport, a Poughkeepsie man was heading back home with their three children when disaster struck on the Taconic State Parkway. The man's tire blew out, stranding the family on the side of the busy two-lane country highway.
Lucky for the family, Trooper Brian Weglinski was on duty that day and arrived on the scene to assist. As the driver attempted to fix the tire, the trooper realized that the spare was no good. Not wanting to leave the family stranded, Weglinski tracked down a new tire and drove the family there to pick it up.
Upon arriving at the tire store, the owner refused payment, giving the family two new tires for free. Weglinski then returned them back to their car and changed the tire, allowing the Poughkeepsie family to safely make their way back home.
The New York State Police shared the story on their Facebook page, commending Weglinski for assisting the family in their time of need.
Safety is always a top priority for our troopers and we applaud Trooper Weglinski for going above and beyond the call of duty to make sure this gentleman and his family were safe.
Congratulations to Trooper Weglinski and thanks for going the extra mile for some very grateful.Hudson Valley residents.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie