Top 5 Places for Ice Cream in the Hudson Valley
Here are the top 5 places to to get ice cream in the Hudson Valley, according to Yelp.
1) Bellvale Farm Creamery - Warwick: It may come as no surprise that the place called "one of the top 10 ice cream places in America," tops the list in the Hudson Valley. The Warwick creamery produces homemade ice cream, waffle cones, ice cream cake, and ice cream pies. As for the top 10 in the U.S. ranking, one reviewer claims it lived up to "the hype."
2) Moo Moo's Creamery- Cold Spring: If your craving a tasty treat in Putnam County, you'll want to check out Moo Moo's Creamery. Their ice cream comes from a family recipe and uses wholesome and quality ingredients. Jain from Fresh Meadows proclaims, "Moo Moo's Creamery is that first love that holds on to your heart."
3) Zora Dora’s Micro Batch Ice Cream and Paletas - Beacon: The best place for ice cream in Dutchess County is found in Beacon. Zora Dora's uses fresh local fruit and vegetable combos to create elegant frozen treats. There are a wide range a flavors and customers are encouraged to try something out of their comfort zone
4) Holy Cow - Red Hook: If you want more traditional ice cream in Dutchess County head to Red Hook. Holy Cow is a family owned business with homemade ice cream and really cheap prices. It's open year round, and even in the bitter cold of winter is full of customers. Reviewers say, if there's a line, the ice cream is worth the wait!
5) Joe's Dairy Bar - Hopewell Junction: Clearly Dutchess Coutny knows their ice cream. Joe's Dairy Bar is the 3rd Dutchess place to make the top 5! The Hopewell Junction establishment has been open for over 50 years. Christina from Wappingers Falls says "This place is where those of us that hate winter, daydream about in those chilly months." Joshua from Fishkill believes once you try Joe's ice cream dipped in Lucky Charms you'll wonder, "why haven't I tried it sooner?"
I'm sure your sweet tooth is ready for some tasty treats. However this may give you an instant brain freeze, a recent report says the price of ice cream is about to skyrocket.