The Hudson Valley Is Really Becoming ‘Hollywood on the Hudson’
Film and TV productions, as well as celebrity sightings, are happening more than ever in the region, turning the area into "Hollywood on the Hudson."
In 2019, film productions were up more than 55 percent compared to one year ago, Laurent Rejto of the Hudson Valley Film Commission announced on Tuesday.
“It was a phenomenal year for film production, especially with HBO’s I KNOW THIS MUCH IS TRUE filming almost every day,” said film commission director Rejto said in a press release. “We look forward to more mini-series and TV productions coming to the region so that the many trained professionals in the region can work locally instead of having to travel to NYC or other states. Creating local work has been our goal since 2000."
Last year, the Hudson Valley Film Commission worked with over 50 potential productions which contributed more than $46 million to the local economy in 2019, compared to $29.5 million in 2018, according to the Hudson Valley Film Commission.
About 25 productions were filmed in the Mid-Hudson Valley counties of Ulster, Dutchess, Orange, Sullivan, Greene, Delaware and Columbia, officials say.
According to the Hudson Valley Film Commission, the following productions filmed in the local area:
- A Quiet Place Part II (Paramount)
- Billions (Showtime)
- I Know This Much is True (HBO)
- I'm Thinking of Ending Things (Netflix)
- Monsterland (Hulu)
- Silent Retreat (Miramax)
- Things Heard And Seen (Netflix)
- The Undoing (HBO)
- The Plot Against America (HBO
- Five regional films also premiered at the 2020 Sundance Film Festival including Shirley, Save Yourselves, Scare Me, The Climb and Black Bear
- Female Security Guard Murdered in Lower Hudson Valley Library
- Owner No Longer Wants Lost Pet, Local Shelter Hopes For New Home
- Former Hudson Valley Broadcaster Heading to Hall of Fame
- Nazi Flag Displayed Near Hudson Valley School, Businesses
- The Hudson Valley Is Really Becoming 'Hollywood on the Hudson'
- Amazon Approved to Build Massive Warehouse in Hudson Valley
- Fastest Growing Burger Chain Plans to Open in Hudson Valley