Rules to for Riding Metro-North During COVID Reopening
Looking to take the train into the City? Here are a few things you need to know to keep yourself safe and to make your journey easier:
- Just because we are in Phase 3 here in the Mid Hudson region doesn't mean the rest of the state is. NYC is only in Phase 2.
- Metro-North advises face coverings are required the entire time you are onboard.
- Conductors are not taking cash. If you need to buy a ticket on-board, you will pay the higher price plus have to pay with debit or credit. You can also, pre-pay for a ticket using the Metro-North app.
- You get to travel using off-peak prices all the time. This will end eventually, but enjoy it right now.
- The ticket offices that you might be used to seeing are still closed. So you will need to purchase your ticket through the machines or the app or pay the conductor a higher price on board the train.
- Service on the Hudson, Harlem and New Haven lines is running hourly, check their website to double-check when the next train is leaving so you don't have to wait 'forever' at the train station.
- If there is paid parking at your train station, you still have to pay for parking or you will come back to your car with a ticket on it.
Just a heads up on a few things that will make your trip into and home from the City a little smoother.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
Listen to Mornings With Brandi weekdays from 6 AM to noon on 94.3 Lite FM. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device or the 94.3 Lite FM mobile app.