Remembering The Time Jerry Cantrell Rocked Out In Poughkeepsie
Today is Jerry Cantrell of Alice In Chains birthday and that got us thinking about his legendary show at The Chance in Poughkeepsie. He was out on tour in support of his 2002 solo release Degradation Trip. His rocking set featured a nice mix of Alice In Chains classics and new material. The singer on stage that day, William Duvall, would end up joining the reformed Alice In Chains a few years later.
WRRV had a pre-show party at The Mad Hatter, now Union Tavern, and Cantrell actually stopped by! He was interviewed by our very own Gilmore and took time to sign autographs for the fans that all showed up.
Were you there?
Here's the tracklist courtesy of Setlist.FM:
- Psychotic Break
- Bargain Basement Howard Hughes
- Anger Rising
- My Song
- Cut You In
- It Ain't Like That (AIC)
- No Excuses (AIC)
- What The Hell Have I (AIC)
- Down In A Hole (AIC)
- Angry Chair (AIC)
- Man In The Box (AIC)
'Anger Rising' was the current single from Cantrell at the time.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3PM to 7PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America