Police: Motorcycle Loses Control, Strikes Vehicle Head-On
An Orange County man lost his life, after losing control of his motorcycle striking a vehicle head-on.
The state police are investigating a fatal accident that occurred on Crystal Run Road in the Town of Wallkill, on Wednesday at approximately 5:35 p.m.
Police responded to a 911 report of a car versus motorcycle accident with serious injuries.
A preliminary investigation indicated that the motorcycle, operated by Bert Wolvers, 59, of Goshen, was traveling east when he failed to negotiate a curve in the roadway, and entered the westbound lane.
The motorcycle was struck head-on by an oncoming vehicle, causing Wolvers to be ejected. Wolvers was transported to Orange Regional Medical Center, where he was pronounced deceased.
The vehicle, owned by the Orange County District Attorney’s Office, was being operated by Christopher Borek at the time of the collision.
Borek was also transported to Orange Regional Medical Center with pain the the back and shoulder.
At this time, there is nothing that indicates that any criminal activity has occurred, and speed does not appear to be a factor.
The investigation remains ongoing.
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Invented in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie