Police Discover Large Marijuana Grow Operation in Columbia County
A Columbia County man was arrested following the execution of a search warrant at his home.
On May, 15, 2018, Troopers and the Narcotics Enforcement Team executed a search warrant at a residence in the Town of Hillsdale, N.Y., in Columbia County.
The search warrant was issued by a local magistrate after an investigation revealed the location of a large-scale marijuana grow operation on West End Road in the Town of Hillsdale.
Police seized numerous cannabis plants in various stages of growth located in the residence, and a large quantity of prepared marijuana.
James M. Valentin, 49, of Hillsdale, N.Y. was arrested and charged with:
- Criminal Possession of Marijuana first-degree - Class C felony
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance seventh-degree
- Unlawful Growing of Cannabis
- Possession of a Controlled Substance in a Non-Original Container
Valentin was arraigned in the Town Claverack Court, and remanded to Columbia County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 bond.
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Invented in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie