Parts of I-84 Will Be Closed During Wednesday’s Morning Commute
Parts of I-84 will be closed during Wednesday's rush hour commute, likely leading to a traffic nightmare for many Hudson Valley drivers.
An alert sent out by the New York State Department of Transportation means many commuters in the Hudson Valley should leave extra time Wednesday morning or find an alternative route.
Construction on Interstate 84 West will cause all lanes of traffic to briefly close on the westbound side between Wappinger Falls and Fishkill Wednesday morning.
The lanes are scheduled to be closed for roadwork from 9 a.m. until 9:15 a.m. between Exit 11 in Wappinger Falls (NY 9D) and Exit 12 in Fishkill (NY 52).
It's unclear what roadwork will take place, but on the New York State Department of Transportation website, a contract was awarded in early October to clean out and reseal the cracks in the pavement of Interstate Route 84 in Dutchess, Orange and Putnam counties.
"This will restore the water impermeability of the pavement extending its useful service life," the NYDOT wrote regarding the I-84 project.
- Parts of the Hudson Valley Really Did See Snow Last Weekend
- Could Creepy Clown Sightings Return to the Hudson Valley?
- Multiple Hudson Valley Stores Closing, Many Likely Laid Off
- Missing Hudson Valley Woman Found in Hudson River
- Shoppers at Popular Hudson Valley Retailer Exposed to Measles
- High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley Nursery, College
- Hudson Valley Man Charged With Murder, 25-Year-Old Found Dead
- Bear Leads Police on Wild Chase in Hudson Valley