Over 60,000 lbs of Beef Recalled Just Before Memorial Day
Over 60,000 lbs of raw beef has been recalled. These things happen, but why does it have to happen this weekend?
I can't think of a worse time to pitch a bunch of meat in the trash. It's Memorial Day weekend. This is the unofficial kick off of barbecue grilling season.
According to CNN.com, the USDA Food and Safety Inspection Service has recalled approximately 62,000 lbs of meat from the Aurora Packing Company out of Illinois because of possible E. Coli exposure. Though the company is based out of the Midwest their products are distributed nationally.
Different cuts from briskets, ribs, steaks and chuck are on the list of recalled meats.
Is it blasphemous to have turkey burgers for Memorial Day? Maybe some bacon? Maybe we can go all out and have tofu or fakin' bacon.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America