‘Once-in-a-Lifetime Event’ Planned For Legoland Hudson Valley
The biggest Legoland in the world is coming soon to the Hudson Valley. Officials say the grand opening celebration will be a "once-in-a-lifetime event."
Last Week, Hudson Valley Post confirmed Legoland officially announced an opening date for its Goshen theme park. Legoland New York will hold its grand opening on July 4th, 2020.
“The Fourth of July means family,” Legoland New York Public Relations Manager Matt Besterman said in a press release, “and at Legoland theme parks, families can ride, climb, play, learn and build together. At the same time, kids can celebrate their own independence by riding their first roller coaster, the Dragon, or driving their first car at Legoland Driving School. We’re thrilled to invite families across the northeast, the country and the world to make our theme park a tradition for summer fun.”
Legoland New York will be the biggest Legoland theme park Merlin Entertainments has ever built, officials say. The Goshen-based amusement park will have more than 50 rides, shows and attractions across seven themed “lands” on 150 acres.
“Our Park is in high gear and we’re on track for opening,” Legoland New York Senior Divisional Director John Ussher said. “Buildings are going up, concrete is being poured and construction is buzzing across our site. Ride components, such as the track for our Dragon coaster, are arriving in Goshen to be installed. Our LEGO® models – more than 15,000 of them – are being shipped to our site from Merlin Magic Making workshops all over the world. This is truly a global effort, with thousands of people working together to build the ultimate LEGO theme park destination here in the Hudson Valley.”
More details about grand opening celebrations will be announced in 2020, but Legoland officials say the celebration will be a "once-in-a-lifetime event."
- Hudson Valley Man Who May Have Killed Wife Served Divorce Papers
- 'Once-in-a-Lifetime Event' Planned For Legoland Hudson Valley
- 3 From Hudson Valley Added to NYS Fallen Firefighters Memorial
- 'Breakthrough' Discovery: Fish Found in 'Fishless' New York Lake
- Forecasters Predict 'Stormy,' Active Winter Season For New York
- Repeat Hudson Valley Sex Offender Sexually Abused 19-Month Old
- Sneak Peek At Legally Haunted Lower Hudson Valley Home
- 3 Accused of Stealing 22 Pounds of Hemp From Hudson Valley Farm