Nyack Residents Accuse Bed Bath & Beyond Of Selling Blackface Pumpkins
Lower Hudson Valley residents have sparked a national debate over whether or not these Halloween decorations represent blackface.
CBS News reports that multiple lower Hudson Valley residents are accusing a local law firm of using blackface pumpkins as part of their Halloween display. The pumpkins are covered in black paint with white mouths. However, the law firm didn't paint them this way. They purchased them from Bed Bath & Beyond.
In turn, Bed Bath & Beyond apologized, according to CBS News. It said they did not mean to offend anyone and have removed the pumpkins from its store and is no longer for sale.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate