Move Over Milk, There’s A New Pairing For Girl Scout Cookies
We are officially in the heart of Girl Scout Cookie season. Some people have pre-ordered their favorite boxes, while others have stocked up at any opportunity they can to fill their cabinets (or freezers, frozen Thin Mints anyone?) with their stockpile. I'm sure many people enjoy a cold glass of milk alongside their cookies, but have you ever thought of taking it to the next level... I'm talking bourbon and girl scout cookie pairings!
An article published on gobourbon.com gives us the perfect boozy companion for many of our favorite Girl Scout Cookie flavors. According to The Bourbon Review:
we were able to break down the flavor characteristics and composition of each cookie to pair it with what we felt was the perfect bourbon:
- Thin Mints - Basil Hayden’s, Jim Beam Brands Co.
- Thanks-A-Lot - Eagle Rare Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Buffalo Trace Distillery
- Shortbread/Trefoils - Bulleit Bourbon 10 Year Old, Bulleit Distilling Co.
- Girl Scout S’mores - Noah’s Mill, Willett Distillery
- Peanut Butter Sandwich/Do-si-dos - Old Forester 1920 Prohibition Style
- Peanut Butter Patties/Tagalongs - Woodford Reserve Double-Oaked
- Lemonades - Lexington Bourbon Whiskey, Western Spirits Beverage Company
- Caramel deLites/Samoas - Rhetoric 21-Year-Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Orphan Barrel Whiskey Distilling Company
You'll want to read their article to see how they determined on the flavor pairings.
Bourbon and Girl Scout Cookies sounds like a perfect plan for our next snow day, right? If not cookies, do you have a favorite pairing for your bourbon?