Motorcyclist Killed in Dutchess County Crash, Police Say
A motorcyclist failed to yield the right away and was struck by a vehicle in Dutchess County on Monday, according to police.
The Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office reports the investigation into a car-motorcycle fatal crash that occurred on East Noxon Rd at the intersection with South Cross Road in LaGrange at approximately 5:00 pm on Monday.
Preliminary investigation has revealed that a 2013 Harley-Davidson motorcycle
operated by Mark Graff, 54 of Putnam Valley was traveling eastbound on East Noxon Rd when it attempted to make a left turn onto South Cross Road.
While making the turn the motorcycle was struck by a 2004 Mercury Sable operated by Matthew Brubacher, 32 of LaGrange.
Brubacher was uninjured in the crash, and Mr. Graff was transported to Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital where he was pronounced dead. No charges have been filed at this time.
The investigation into the crash is continuing by members of the Sheriff’s Office Crash Investigation Unit, and at this time the primary factor is considered to be failure to yield the right of way on the part of the motorcyclist.
The Sheriff’s Office was assisted at the scene by the LaGrange Fire Department, and more information may be released as it becomes available.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie