Million Dollar Powerball Ticket Sold in the Hudson Valley
Lighting struck three times just not in New York. While no one in the Empire State hit the Powerball jackpot, 5 New Yorkers are claiming a second place prize, including one from the Hudson Valley.
Powerball says there are record jackpot winners in three states. Tickets with all five numbers plus the Powerball were sold in California, Florida and Tennessee. Across the country 73 second prize tickets were sold, each prize valuing at $1 million. Of the 73 second-prize winners, 5 were sold in New York. One million dollar ticket was purchased at a Mini Mart in Rockland County.
In order to claim a second-place prize, you must hit on 5 numbers, but miss out on the Powerball. According to the New York State Lottery, the second-prize New York tickets were bought at:
• STONY POINT MINI MART, 104 West Main Street RT 9W, Stony Point
• 7-ELEVEN #21578 , 25 STEWART AVENUE , BETHPAGE
• GOOD LUCKY CHARM GIFT SHOP INC, 6050 MYRTLE AVE , RIDGEWOOD
• PKG ENTERPRISES INC , 118-17 LIBERTY AVE , S RICHMOND HL
• PLAZA SOUTH CONV & GROC STORE , 25-08A QUEENS PLAZA SOUTH , LONG ISLAND CITY
The three winners across the country that hit the Powerball jackpot will split the record one-point-five-billion dollar prize.
On Saturday a second-prize $1 million winning ticket was purchased in Columbia County at a Stewart's Shop located on Route 9 in Valatie.