Marijuana Laced with Fentanyl Found in Sullivan County
Sullivan County Sheriff Michael Schiff is warning the public that marijuana laced with the powerful narcotic drug fentanyl has made its way to Sullivan County.
On Monday evening, a sheriff's deputy was patrolling the parking lot of the Walmart in Monticello he observed a car parked and facing the wrong way in the crosswalk of the front entrance.
When the deputy approached the vehicle, authorities say the driver became belligerent and tried to run inside of the store. The driver, identified as Daquan Hamilton, 22, of Bloomingburg was taken into custody.
Hamilton's license was expired and also suspended 10 times on 5 different dates.
At the time of his arrest, Hamilton was in possession of approximately 7 grams of marijuana. Back at the Sheriff’s Office, deputies tested the marijuana and found that it contained fentanyl.
"We have been on the lookout for about a year," Sheriff said. "We can now confirm that it is here. This is the stuff that is causing the majority of the overdoses. They are mixing fentanyl with heroin, cocaine and now marijuana. The results could be deadly."
Hamilton was interviewed by detectives, and advised that the dealer that he had bought the marijuana from warned that the "weed was very potent."
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie