Man Stole Equipment From Orange County Construction Site, Police
According to police, an Orange County man stole a commercial air compressor from a construction site.
On August 20, it was reported to State Police that a large commercial air compressor had been stolen from a construction site in the Town of Wallkill.
The investigation revealed that a Sullair compressor valued at approximately $20,000 had been stolen sometime over the weekend from a worksite at the William A. Carter Elementary School on East Main St.
Troopers and Investigators, with the assistance of Detectives from the City of Newburgh Police Department, quickly tracked the stolen property to a location in the Village of Washingtonville.
The investigation led to the arrest of Geoffrey Burns, age 22 of Goshen.
Burns was charged with Grand Larceny 3rd Degree, a felony. He was arraigned in the Town of Wallkill Court and remanded to the Orange County Jail in lieu of $2500 cash bail or $7500 bond.
State Police were assisted by members of the City of Newburgh and Town of New Windsor Police Departments
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie