Man on Probation Guilty of Possessing Assault Rifle, Police Say
The rifle had a flash suppressor, collapsible stock, pistol grip and a detachable magazine loaded with ten rounds of .223 ammunition
Joseph O’Reilly, of Ellenville NY, pled guilty on Thursday, October 3, 2019, in Ulster County Court to criminal possession of a weapon in the second-degree.
O’Reilly was arrested April 18, 2019, after Ulster County Probation conducted a home visit at the defendant’s residence.
Probation officers and NY State Police recovered a loaded .223 caliber assault rifle as well as three large-capacity magazines each containing thirty rounds of .223 caliber ammunition.
Sentencing is scheduled for December 12, 2019. The defendant has a prior conviction for Driving While Intoxicated as a felony from Sullivan County in 2017 for which he received a sentence of five years’ probation.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie