Luxury Department Store Outlet Leaving Woodbury Common
Shoppers hoping to bring home a little bit of luxury from their trip to the outlets will soon be out of luck.
In August one of America's favorite high-end department stores announced that they were closing fifteen locations. Luckily, stores in New York, including an outlet at the Woodbury Common were spared.
Sadly, the good news was only temporary. This week Barneys announced that they would be shutting down their remaining seven stores, including the Barneys New York Warehouse in Central Valley.
A filing with New York State says that 785 Barneys employees will be laid off on November 1. Five locations in New York will shut their doors including the company's flagship store on Fifth Avenue.
Barneys New York Warehouse is located in the Hudson Valley District at Suite 240 in the Woodbury Common. According to a description on the store's website, the Warehouse offers "women’s, men’s, and children’s clothing, shoes, and accessories, plus gifts for the home from Chelsea Passage."
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie