Lost Hikers Rescued in Ulster County
Two hikers from Kingston had to be rescued after getting lost in Bluestone Wild Forest.
On May 24 at approximately 8 p.m., Forest Rangers Russell Martin and Kevin Slade responded to an Ulster County 911 Emergency Center Radio call for two lost hikers in the Bluestone Wild Forest at the Onteora Lake access area.
After coordinating efforts, the Rangers determined the hikers from Kingston were on the yellow trail. Forest Ranger Martin traveled north on the trail and located the lost party in good condition.
The hikers were escorted back to their vehicle and the incident concluded by 9 p.m.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie