Lawn Tractor Fire Damages Poughkeepsie Home
A weekend fire in the Town of Poughkeepsie was likely started by a lawn tractor stored in the garage.
According to a press release, the Saturday fire started just before 4 PM and fire fighters were sent to the scene. Four people and a dog were inside the house at the time of discovery and thankfully all were able to make it out safely. One of the inhabitants had noticed a noise and went to investigate, that's when they found that part of the house was on fire.
The press release goes on to say that the fire fighters on the scene were able to contain the fire to the garage and small area of the main house. One car also stored in the garage was destroyed while another in the driveway sustained heat damage.
While everyone was ok, the home was determined to be uninhabitable. By the looks of things, it could have been a lot worse.