Impaired Driver Found With Illegal Handgun, Police Say
A Georgia man was driving while ability impaired by alcohol, and police discovered an illegal firearm during the traffic stop.
On October 24, at approximately 9:00 p.m., State Police stopped a vehicle on I-87, in the town of Plattekill, for a vehicle and traffic violation.
The driver, Joseph Glover, 44, of Augusta, GA, was found to be impaired by alcohol.
Prior to conducting a vehicle inventory, Glover reported to State Police there was a firearm in the car. Troopers then located a loaded Smith & Wesson 9mm handgun with a 15-round magazine in the vehicle.
Glover was taken into custody, transported and processed at SP Newburgh where his blood alcohol content was determined to be .09%.
He was charged with criminal possession of a weapon second-degree (loaded firearm other than a person’s home); a Class C felony, unlawful possession certain ammunition feeding devices, and driving while ability impaired by alcohol.
Glover was arraigned before the Town of Plattekill Court and remanded to Ulster County Jail without bail.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie