Hudson Valley Wine & Food Fest This Weekend
It is that time again. The weekend after Labor Day is when the Hudson Valley Wine & Food Festival takes place at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds in Rhinebeck.
The main focus, as it always has been, is on wine. There is a good deal of food samples and vendors there too, plus to make it an event for everyone (those over 21 that is) local beer and cider will also be available for sampling and purchase.
The event will take place over two days: Saturday, Sept. 10 and Sunday, Sept. 11.
Here are a few tips to make it a successful event:
- Try to not wear light colors. You never know when you might get wine accidentally spilled on you.
- Buy your tickets in advance.
- Eat a little bit of food before you get to the event, just to have something in your stomach.
- Bring water or know where to get water on the festival grounds (also because of the water, make sure you know where the bathrooms are too).
- Ask the vendors questions. If you have a question about wine, then ask the people who are pouring it. Odds are they either made it or were involved some how in the process and the can tell you what you would like to know.
- Designated driver or a friend to drop you off and pick you up. Just in general, a good tip to remind you of.
- Bring money, as you will be able to purchase bottles there on site. Some of these wineries are small and do not have state wide distribution. Better to buy now than want to buy and pay shipping later.
- Cheers! Enjoy the festival.