Hudson Valley High School Teacher to Compete on Jeopardy!
Look out, James Holzhauer. A Hudson Valley school teacher is headed to Jeopardy! next week.
The popular game show's Teachers Tournament kicks off on May 6. For two weeks, 15 educators from across the country will be competing for the $100,000 grand prize and a spot in the next Tournament of Champions.
Among the teachers selected for this year's tournament is Francois Barcomb from New Paltz. The 11th-grade Physics teacher will be making his appearance on Wednesday, May 8. He'll be taking on a high school ESL teacher and an English teacher.
While Barcomb won't be facing off with the current Jeopardy! champion, James Holzhauer. It's possible that the two will face down eventually. The winner of the Teachers Tournament will play in this year's Tournament of Champions, which will most likely feature Holzhauer, who's earned over $1.5 million during his last 20 appearances on the show.
Barcomb's students at Hendrick Hudson High School will most likely be cheering him on this Wednesday. Will you be watching too? Let us know if you're rooting for New Paltz's own contestant in the comments below or on our Facebook page.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie