Hudson Valley Fundraiser Aims To Feed Health Care Professionals
A fundraiser started by a local resident aims to feed frontline works, those in local hospitals on the front lines of the fight against coronavirus. Started on March 19th, 37 donors have already raised more than $1,500.
For every $1,000 raised, the money is then used to purchase food from a local restaurant. That food is then brought to Vassar Brothers Hospital so that doctors, nurses and others involved can have a nice meal while on the job.
The Publick House in Pleasant Valley was the first establishment chosen and on March 28th, 50 lunches were delivered to the Vassar Brothers ICU. The next restaurant is AJ Cafe and they're already more than halfway there to the next lunch drop off.
Not only does this fundraiser feed Hudson Valley health professionals, but it helps local restaurants as well. If you'd like to make a donation to the Go Fund Me, the link is HERE.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center