Hudson Valley Communities Cancel 4th of July Fireworks, Parades
Will there be a 4th of July? While technically, there will be. The celebrations associated with the day, Independence Day, are continuing to be cancelled across the Hudson Valley.
Which towns have decided to cancel their fireworks or parades? Here are just a few:
- The City of Kingston, has canceled their fireworks display and has decided to tone down their annual parade. The parade this year will be a motorcade that focuses on honoring front-line workers, healthcare workers and first responders. The motorcade will take place simultaneously in the City of Kingston and across Ulster County.
- The City of Poughkeepsie has cancelled their fireworks event and has decided to keep all public pools closed for the foreseeable future.
- The Town of Hyde Park has canceled their annual parade and will not be holding summer camps this year.
- The Town of Cornwall, has moved their celebrations to online for the pet contest. There will be a drive-by of emergency vehicles and the kids art contest will take place on the windows of their own homes.
- The Village of Saugerties has cancelled their fireworks and on July 5th will have a modified parade, with no marchers.
Were you planning to go to a fireworks display or Independence Day parade that has been canceled? What will your 4th of July celebration look like this year? Let us know.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
Listen to Mornings With Brandi weekdays from 6 AM to noon on 94.3 Lite FM. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device or the 94.3 Lite FM mobile app.
Listen to Morning With Brandi weekdays from 6 AM to noon through your 94.3 Lite FM mobile app. Connect with 94.3 Lite FM on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.