Former Gymnastics School Being Resurrected as a Church
A vacant building in Poughkeepsie will soon become a large church.
Four years ago, Diamond Gymnastics on Sheafe Rd in Poughkeepsie abruptly closed their doors. After operating for nearly two decades, the gymnastics school and birthday party venue suddenly disappeared, leaving many people wondering what would become of this huge property.
For a while, it looked like the lot was being used to store surplus automobiles from a car dealership. But suddenly, the property was sold and construction was underway. It turns out that the old gymnastics school will soon become a church.
Valley Christian Church's Poughkeepsie campus is currently conducting services at the Regal Cinemas on Route 9. The move will give the congregation a place all of their own to worship and serve the community. A statement from the church said that they were "excited to be a part of the Sheafe Rd. community and to have a more permanent presence in Poughkeepsie."
Currently, there is no timeline on when the new church will open. Construction is ongoing and there are still "quite a few processes and renovations to go through before moving into the building." Valley Christian Church says that they will keep everyone posted as more information becomes available
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie