Firefighters Extinguish Blaze at Kaaterskill Cove
Firefighters from multiple departments were able to extinguish the fire before it could spread to other parts of the area.
On June 10 at 1:30 p.m., Greene County 911 contacted DEC's Central Dispatch requesting Forest Ranger assistance with a wildfire in Kaaterskill Clove off Route 23a.
Two Forest Rangers responded and arrived on scene at approximately 1:50 p.m. The wildfire was suppressed by members of the Haines Falls, Tannersville, and Hunter fire departments.
The total estimated size of the fire was .3 acres; the fire may have been caused by a lit cigarette being thrown into the woods from a motor vehicle.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Restaurants