Fall 2020 Semester Plans Announced For SUNY Orange
The experience for students enrolled at SUNY Orange in Middletown this fall will be unlike any in years past. The upcoming semester will see a blend of in-person and remote learning opportunities which will include mostly online support services and a phased plan for getting people back to work at both Orange County campus' in Middletown and Newburgh.
According to information from the SUNY Orange website, the college received certification of their plan Tuesday allowing them to move forward with preparations. The fall semester gets underway on August 24 and will conclude on December 12. Approximately 15% of the curriculum will necessitate on-campus interaction while the rest will be online. All on-campus activity will be curtailed after Thanksgiving to attempt to limit the impact of any spread of the virus.
Classes that will still meet on campus include those with necessary lab or computer work, arts/media, and health professions. All guidelines set forth by the CDC will be followed including the use of personal protective equipment where necessary.
Masks will be required and the campus will be closed to the general public. The plan includes a frequent cleaning and disinfecting schedule along with staff and student health screening.
Top 5 Most Famous SUNY New Paltz Graduates
- RUSH HOUR: The Hudson Valley's 10 Busiest Roads
- 13 Classic Hudson Valley Diners That Do It Right
- HISTORY: How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- FAMOUS: Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- 10 Orange County Locations On The National Register of Historic Places
- DEMO: Drone Footage Captures Historic Psyche Center Demolition