Educator Says Kids Should Play Outside At Least 4 Hours A Day
Did you ever play outside when you were a kid? Is it still a thing that kids want to do or is it a punishment?
Kids have a million reasons to want to stay inside nowadays. There's TV, computers, cell phones, video games and toys just to name a few. When I was little my parents would make me play outside. There are a lot of benefits to letting your imagination run wild.
I recently came across a blog called 1000 Hours Outside. According to a post on the blog page it states that a few experts agree that kids should spend anywhere from 3-4 hours outside every day. However, kids today seem to average 4-7 minutes. All of the time inside can negatively impact a child's sensory development.
Do you think kids should get out more? How much time did you spend outdoors when you were young?
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America