Dog Left for Dead on I-84, Police Need Help Finding Suspect
A neglected dog was discovered tied to a tree in the Hudson Valley and police need your help finding the owners.
An investigation was launched after the abandoned animal was found just off of I-84 in East Fishkill. Department of Transportation workers were preparing to mow a section of the interstate when they heard a dog in distress. After searching the woods, DOT employees found a pup tied to a tree. The dog appeared to suffer from neglect.
With help from the Dutchess County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, the dog was rescued and is now being cared for. Police are trying to find out who abandoned the animal and are asking for the public's help. Photos of the dog, along with the section of I-84 where it was abandoned were released in hopes that someone will step forward with more information.
If you know about the history of this animal or its owners you can contact the New York State Police in East Fishkill at (845) 677-7300. Please reference SJS# 9050766. All calls will be kept confidential.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie