90s Rockers The Nixons, Sponge Performing In Poughkeepsie
The Chance Theater in Poughkeepsie will be rocking when The Nixons and Sponge return to the Hudson Valley on Friday, December 6th. Doors open at 6:30 and tickets are just $20 bucks.
The Nixons formed in 1990 and had a great run before eventually breaking up. Best known for their hit 'Sister', the band formed out of Oklahoma City. Fast forward to 2017 and the band announced they were getting back together. They're teaming up with Sponge on the Working Class Tour 2019
Sponge formed in 1991 and their debut full-length album Rotting Pinatta put them on the map. The album features their smash hit 'Plowed' and the massive follow up 'Molly'.
The Nixons 'Sister'
What other popular bands from the 1990's would you like to see in the Hudson Valley?
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV. Stream us live through the website, your Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WRRV mobile app.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center