3 Reasons Friendly’s Should Make A Hudson Valley Comeback
It's hard to believe one must leave the state to get to the nearest Friendly's Restaurant when it seems like there used to be one in every Hudson Valley town. Friendly's needs to make a comeback in the area and we've identified three reasons why:
- The ice cream: Sure you can buy it in the supermarket but it's just not the same. Nothing beats a Jim Dandy or Hunka Chunka PB Fudge Sundae.
- Jobs: Anyone else have their first job at Friendly's? It was the ideal first job, it taught me a lot about moving at a quick pace and having a good work ethic. I worked there for a year before leaving for the glamorous world of the sporting goods department at Caldor.
- Two words: Rueben Supermelt.
The Friendly's in my town growing up was the place to hang on a Friday or Saturday night after you left the party, dance or in my case study group.
What do you think, would you go to Friendly's if they made a comeback in the Hudson Valley? For now, the two closest locations are in Hillsdale, New Jersey and Naugatuck, CT.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV. Stream us live through the website, your Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WRRV mobile app.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- A Day To Remember Set To Rock Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center