Yard Sales Return to the Hudson Valley Tips to Keep in Mind
Did you see it? They were happening around the Hudson Valley over the June 6-7, 2020 weekend. Does this mean that the Hudson Valley is returning to normal?
Phase 2 of the post-Covid reopening is set to begin on Tuesday June 9, 2020 and includes the most aniticpated re-opening of hair salons, barber shops and limited outdoor seating at your favorite bars and restaurants.
Did you clean out your house during the time that you were isolating? Did you find yourself with quite a few items that you no longer need and had been wishing that you could put them up in your front yard with a garage sale, tag sale or yard sale sign?
Does your city or town require you to get a permit before having a sale? The Town of Poughkeepsie allegedly does. When you do get around to having one of these sales, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- maintain social distancing in mind by spacing your tables far enough apart so browsers can have adequate space.
- Have gloves available for yourself and whom ever is helping you.
- Consider using an online payment platform like Paypal, Venmo or Zelle. This will also help a customer who wants to purchase more items than they have cash for.
- List your sale in your local Facebook yard sale group and on Craiglist, and make sure to let your friends and neighbors know too. They might want to join in with a few items or even just be around for moral support during the day.
Listen to Morning With Brandi weekdays from 6 AM to noon through your 94.3 Lite FM mobile app. Connect with 94.3 Lite FM on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- What's a 'Kill' and Why Does New York Have So Many of Them?
- 5 Things You Didn't Know Happened in Newburgh
- Tips for Ramp Hunting in the Hudson Valley
- The Poughkeepsie Tapes: True Story or Hudson Valley Horror Movie?
- Hudson Valley Restaurants