Would You Take This Single Wheel PEV On Hudson Valley Roadways?
Is that an electric unicycle? Yes, it is technically a PEV or plug-in electric vehicle, but this one only has one wheel. Watch this guy cruise down Main Street in Poughkeepsie while making pretty good time.
The PEV appears to be the Gotway MCM5 Electric Unicycle which retails for around $900. Featuring a 14-inch wheel it can weigh up to 37 pounds. Depending on the model and weight of rider it can reach speeds of up to 25 miles per hour and has a range of 37 miles on a flat paved road. Depending on which battery you have it can take up to six hours to charge fully.
Safety features include pedals breaking support, temperature warnings if it's getting too hot and automatic shutdown after two seconds without ground contact. This new generation of electric unicycles actually features almost double the battery size as the previous model.
Could you see yourself cruising around the Hudson Valley on one of these things? Here's a look at the footage just be aware that some of the backing music tracks have some swears and are NSFW. But if you're ok with that, you may continue. The first episode appears to feature footage from the Pleasant Valley area while episode two features Main Street Poughkeepsie.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center
- Hudson Valley Restaurants