Police: Woman in New York Stole Cop Car, Went on Joyride
Maybe the Coronavirus lockdown has people going crazy? Or maybe some of these people weren't all up there to begin with? Now, one New York woman is facing a slew of charges, including grand larceny auto and reckless endangerment.
The NY Post says a 28-year-old woman is accused of stealing an NYPD patrol car as it was parked at the corner of East 132nd Street and Madison Avenue late Saturday evening. To make matters worse, the officer on duty had left his vehicle on a separate foot pursuit. The Post says as the officer ran he dropped his keys. That's when the woman decided to go for a cruise that Saturday night.
The Post says the woman's trip resulted in her striking another NYPD cruiser and eventually getting busted while in traffic on the Madison Avenue Bridge,
Listen to Hopkins in Middays on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Coronavirus in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie