Why You Shouldn’t Use Airport USB Charging Stations
You know those super convenient phone charging stations? Yea, don't use them.
Nothing is worse than being stuck with a dead phone on a flight. There goes my hours of entertainment as I'm sky high. I always get psyched when I see the phone charging stations. Well turns out, you really shouldn't use them. According to Forbes, cybercriminals can modify the USB connections to install malware on your phone or even download data without you knowing.
Forbes reports that if you really have to charge your phone, use your own charger and plug it into a wall outlet. Or, if that's not an option, use a portable power bank. But if you absolutely have to use a public phone charging station, you should invest in a dongle to add onto your charging cord that blocks data from passing down the cord.
Safe travels and charging!
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate