Why David Arquette Is Back in Poughkeepsie This Week
David Arquette can't seem to quit the Hudson Valley.
Last September Arquette spent a few weeks living in the area while filming Apalachin. During that time the actor fell in love with some of the local hot spots including the Alexis Diner, the Newburgh Waterfront and even the New York Rennaisance Faire.
While living as a temporary resident, Arquette also hooked up with Northeast Wrestling to step back into the ring. After starring in the film Ready to Rumble, Arquette entered the real world of professional wrestling. A few celebrity appearances turned into a short-lived wrestling run, where Arquette found surprising success in the ring. The Scream actor eventually became the WCW World Heavyweight Champion.
After retiring from wrestling in 2000, Arquette went back to acting. Last year he surprised fans by jumping back into the ring, joining Northeast Wrestling for a match in the Hudson Valley.
Arquette is now returning to the Hudson Valley for more. The actor will slap on his tights and jump into the ring once again at the Mid Hudson Civic Center. On Friday, August 16 Arquette joins fellow wrestling superstars Jon Moxley (formerly known as Dean Ambrose), Jerry the King Lawler, Dustin Rhodes (fka Gold Dust) and others for the N.E.W. Prison Break.
There will be an autograph session at 5pm where fans can meet Arquette and the other wrestlers followed by a full night of wrestling action. For information on the matchups and to get tickets you can visit northeastwrestling.com
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie