DEC: Illegal Dumping Charges in Putnam County
On July 29, ECO Kevin Wamsley received a call from the Putnam County Sheriff's Department about a large pile of garbage dumped on county property.
A Deputy located documents in the trash, including receipts and a name. The next day the officers located the individual named on the paperwork. After extensive interviews, the officers were able to get a name for a contractor who may have dumped the garbage.
The contractor was contacted and directed to meet the officers at the dump location. When the subject arrived at the site, he admitted to dumping the garbage and was directed to clean it up.
The subject was issued a town code violation for littering by the Deputy and a ticket for unlawful disposal of solid waste by ECO Wamsley, returnable to the Town of Southeast Court.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie