Temporary Metro North Weekend Schedule Change Announced
The Metro-North Railroad schedule will see some changes the next two weekends due to some infrastructure improvements. According to an MTA press release, the upgrades will focus on tracks in the vicinity of Cold Spring.
The project which will take place November 10-11 and November 17-18 will require single track operation. As a result, only a 12 mile stretch between Peekskill and Beacon will be in service while the track and switches are being worked on. The schedule will be impacted as follows.
Northbound to Poughkeepsie
- Trains from Grand Central Terminal to Poughkeepsie will depart 15 minutes later and will arrive at Poughkeepsie 15 minutes later than reflected in the current timetable dated September 30, 2018, through April 13, 2019.
- Trains from Grand Central to Poughkeepsie that normally depart at 4:14 p.m., 5:14 p.m., 6:14 p.m. and 8:14 pm are temporarily canceled.
Southbound to Grand Central Terminal
- Trains from Poughkeepsie to Grand Central Terminal will depart Poughkeepsie 15 minutes earlier and will arrive at Poughkeepsie 15 minutes earlier than reflected in the current timetable dated September 30, 2018, through April 13, 2019.
- Trains from Poughkeepsie to Grand Central Terminal that normally depart at 8:27 a.m., 9:40 a.m., 10:40 a.m. and 3:40 p.m. are temporarily canceled.
In other words, if you have any trips planned to or from New York City over the next two weekends, you're going to want to plan ahead. For more information, you can link up with the MTA at their website or app.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America